Time & Location
11 Mar 2024, 10:00 – 12:00
About the event
Event price: By donation
Have you experienced any of these? "I have difficulty reading my client." "My client is struggling with expressing what he feels and I want to help him without making him feel intimidated or pressured." "I know that there is a wealth of feelings and emotions inside my client's psyche, but the only thing I get is one-word answers or some shoulder-shrugging. What else to do?" If so, you are not alone
As therapists we can sometimes feel stuck, hopeless, and/or confused in the sessions with a client without knowing how to move deeper into their feelings. Lack of trust, trauma, avoidance, limited emotional awareness, are some of the possible reasons for this resistance from the client's side, and they have all the valid reasons to do so.
Sometimes we might try methods that push the client to close off even more, or we may give up, and sooner or later therapy finishes without completing the transformational work that would have been useful for the client.
Many psychotherapists, counsellors and coaches from all over the world are adding the projective cards to their therapeutic toolbox and finding them really useful. Benefits of using cards in therapy
The cards can:
- promote the healthy expression of feelings & thoughts
- help the client identify unique ways of dealing with loss, traumas, crises and stress
- help the client explore their inner truth and change or enrich their narrative
- bridge contradictions and inner conflicts create trust, bonding & safe communication between client and therapist be used in individual, couple or group settings with children, teenagers, adults.
In this Workshop you will learn how to:
- Build a deeper connection with your client
- Excel your knowledge on the use of the cards
- Help your clients express their feelings and ideas, especially in hard and confusing times
- Use the exercises with individuals, couples and groups
- Explore more on a metaphorical level