Time & Location
08 Sept 2023, 10:00 – 17:00
About the event
Event price: £630 (inc. VAT)
Booking details: www.physisscotland.co.uk
Learning is through active participation in the Group, and includes advanced theory discussion, supervision of client work, managing the practicalities of the exam process itself, written exam support and mock oral exams. The Groups aims to develop skills, competencies and perspectives that are part of becoming a fully-fledged psychotherapist, as well as providing peer support and opportunity for celebration too!
Meeting online on a Friday from 10am – 5pm (6 days over 10 months), the groups will be open to trainees who have completed four years of core TA training and achieved their Diploma Exam, and be closed groups with a maximum of 8 members per group.
All members of the groups will be in regular clinical supervision and will be engaged in preparation for their CTA exam.
Joining an Exam Preparation will enable you to:
- Do transactional analysis through presentation and analysis of tapes;
- Develop your identity as a practitioner through presentations of theory of your own choice/interest;
- Extend your knowledge of TA and the psychotherapeutic process through planned teaching by your trainer;
- Feel stimulated, stretched, focussed and motivated as you work towards achieving your goal; Supervise each other’s practice – a fantastic way to develop a meta-view of psychotherapeutic work;
- Familiarise yourself with the CTA oral exam processes;
- Receive group support and discussion about the CTA Written Exam preparation;
- Participate in a mock exam – either candidate or examiner; Learn tools and techniques to help you manage any anxiety around being observed and assessed;
- Discuss ethical dilemmas;
- Consider practical issues such as which recording equipment to use;
- Familiarise yourself with the marking criteria;
- Receive supervision on the exam process.
The content of the days will be contracted for at the beginning of each day, depending on the needs and wants of the group members.